First day of early voting
Last day to apply for a mail-in ballot
This is the date the application must be received by the El Paso Elections Department, not the postmark date.
Early voting ends
Mail-in ballots must be postmarked by this date or delivered by hand to the elections department by 7 p.m.
2022 Primary Election
Voters for the Republican and Democratic parties will choose their candidates for the November general election in the March 1 primary election. In addition to statewide offices, there are numerous local offices on the ballot.
This voter guide has information about the contested races for local offices. For more information about statewide races, we recommend the League of Women Voters of Texas’ primary election guide.
El Paso Matters sent questionnaires to every candidate in a contested primary race to help you decide who you want to represent you.
- U.S. House District 16
- U.S. House District 23
- Texas House District 75
- Texas House District 79
- State Board of Education District 1
- 8th Court of Appeals, Place 2
- 327th Judicial District Court
- County Court at Law No. 2
- County Court at Law No. 3
- County Commissioner Precinct 2
- County Commissioner Precinct 4
- County Clerk
- Justice of the Peace Precinct 2
- Justice of the Peace Precinct 5
- Justice of the Peace Precinct 6, Place 1
- Justice of the Peace Precinct 6, Place 2
- Justice of the Peace Precinct 7